Saturday, July 5, 2014

Strength

The last few days have been rough but today was better.  I find myself weeping more than I was. The reality of Mom being gone has set in.  I will be honest- the first few weeks after Mom died I was drinking wine every night to calm my nerves.  I made a vow not to drink during the week and the weeping got worse.  I made the right long term decision but the short term effects are hard to cope with.  I am heading back to the gym tomorrow.  I am looking for strength but am confident thst I will find it.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry for the loss of your beloved Mother. As one who has experienced profound loss, I can promise you that the tsunami that keeps knocking you down now, will one day be gentle waves lapping at your feet. It happens in baby steps, though, so be patient with yourself. You will also find yourself backsliding when you thought you were making progress. This is normal, so don't be discouraged...you will get there...I promise.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive